Havaianas flip flops
Havaianas flips flops and shoes are renowned for their bright colours and very comfortable fit. The soft and flexible material is suited for hot summer conditions, when feet can swell and ordinary sandals can cause discomfort. Havaianas flip flops are easy to slip on your feet after swimming in the pool or sea. Furthermore, its dazzling colours look as good in an urban setting as they do strolling by the beach.
Havaianas offers the best for your summer sandals
Havaianas means Hawaiians in Portuguese. This original rubber flip flop was first sold during the early 1960s. The design was based on the Japanese slip on shoe, known as Zori. These flat-thonged sandals are traditionally made from rice straw. Havaianas flip flops were made with rubber soles, which were made to feel like rice grains. By 1964, Havaianas was very popular with Brazilians and its products were sold by travelling salesmen in vintage Vokswagens who would tour the countryside and cities and sell them directly from their vans.
By the 1970s, Havaianas was experimenting with more colours, and the flip flop was a favourite amongst the young and politically minded in Brazil during the 1970s hippie movement. Even at this early point, Havaianas had to stop its shoe models from being ripped off by fakes and copies. So much so, they had to launch the slogan “Protect yourself from phonies Havaianas. They don’t lose their shape, don’t smell and the straps don’t come loose”.
By the late 1990s, Havaianas flip flops were known throughout the world. By 1999, they were worn on international runways, and the brand worked with some of the world’s most preeminent fashion designers, such as at Jean Paul Gaultier. Havaianas flips flops at this point were being distributed across Europe and the world, in more than 60 countries. Today, the Havaianas brand also focuses its attention on the environment, working alongside Conservation International to support conservation in the Abrolhos archipelago.
Havaianas combines comfort with the latest designs.
On the Addnature.co.uk website you can find a comprehensive selection of Havaianas flip flops and shoes in a range of different colours. Choose from:
- Slim sandals, made especially for women, with an elegant fit and thinner strap.
- Brasil mix sandals, the original Havaianas flip flops embellished with the 3 colours of the Brazilian flag and the Havaianas logo.
- Urban series, based on the Brasil mix style, designed with denim straps, they are ideal for summer.
- Luna sandals, which look as good on the beach as they do in an urban setting. It’s a perfect addition to your Havaianas collection with a more feminine and delicate design and comfortable strap shape.
- Brasil logo, includes the Brazilian flag on the strap as well as the three stripes of Brazil’s colours, green, blue and yellow, on the sole.
- Atena and Ring sandals, which are slip resistant, lightweight, water resistant and enhanced with attractive patterned straps and the signature rice seed pattern on top of the sole.
- Top Sandals, Havaianas all-one-colour sandals are timeless, a classic complement to your summer wardrobe.
- Havaianas for children, an essential companion for your little ones, are comfortable and look great.